Saturday, February 5, 2011

Conditioned

I've been neglecting this poor blog for weeks in a futile attempt to avoid writing about my thoughts on the horrible playoff loss to the Jets. That post is coming soon and will be ready at some time today.

So why am I writing this? Part of me is excited to try out the new Blogger mobile app for Android. That's right, I'm writing this on my phone. Having Swype makes typing a lot easier.

But no, the real reason I'm writing this is my poor body is conditioned to wake up at 5 AM every day to take care of Daniel regardless if he actually needs me. I can't fall back asleep!

I'm staring at the baby monitor and Daniel is sound asleep. A part of me wants him to cry for me so I can be the Daddy Hero and come swooping in to save the day and soothe him back to sleep. It's my way of squeezing more Daddy-Daniel time out of the day.

My internal Daddy signal woke me up today. It was a false alarm. But I'll be up again tomorrow at this time. Daddy Hero will be ready should Daniel need me.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like the synopsis to a Vin Diesel movie. Perhaps you should go into screen writing for family friendly movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, maybe that pays better than freelance sports writing has.

    ReplyDelete