Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cognition 3.04 and Fix for Contacts Icon

I got tired of waiting for AT&T/Samsung to release an official update for my phone (Samsung Captivate) to the Android 2.2 OS. It kills me knowing my phone is still running an OS that is 3 releases behind.

So I did what many other disgruntled users have done; I upgraded my phone by flashing with the Cognition 3.04 custom rom.

I'm pretty happy with the experience so far. My phone is much more responsive and doesn't feel like it is running through molasses. Text messaging, phone calls, and GPS still appear to work. The browser is improved. I will continue to make sure everything works but so far so good.

The only problem that I had so far was that when I pressed the Back button from within the Contacts, it would not return to the Home Screen. Well it drove me crazy so I figured out how to fix it. If you have the same problem, here's how to fix it:

1. Long-press the Contacts icon in the dock.
2. Select Change shortcut.
3. Select Applications.
4. Wait for the list of applications to be displayed. Scroll down and select the Contacts app.
5. Select LauncherPro icons.
6. Select the Contacts icon.

Now you should be able to click the Contacts icon in the dock and click the Back button to return to the Home Screen.

2 comments:

  1. thanks man.I was in the same problem.but ur solution works for me.

    ReplyDelete