Friday, May 20, 2011

My Blog Has Moved

According to Blogger something went wrong last week during scheduled maintenance and many blog posts and comments were removed after returning to a pre-maintenance state. Since then many of the blog posts/comments have been restored which you read about  here.

However, I'm incredibly sadden to have lost a post I wrote about Daniel's 1st birthday party. The only remnant of it is an old preliminary draft that I used as a basic outline. I will eventually rewrite this blog post but I fear that I will forget many of the details I originally wrote about.

I know a part of me is overreacting but I don't completely feel like my blog posts are "safe" on Blogger anymore. I am not a natural writer so it takes a lot of effort for me to write what little I share here. To have posts suddenly disappear is beyond frustrating. Since Google acquired Blogger, I have no idea what new "features" will be pushed onto the service and when something like this can happen again.

So being the control freak that I am, I bought some web hosting and resurrected my old domain name and moved this blog there. What's nice about it is you can subscribe to the blog and get emailed whenever I post something new. I'm excited for the change in scenery and hopefully this will motivate me to update a little more faithfully.

P.S. Another nice thing is the web hosting I paid for can be used to host other people's sites as well. A few of my friends have already expressed interest in pitching in and hosting their blogs there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment